There are no products matching the selection.
Domaine Girault is situated in Bué, a small village in the heart of Sancerre. The domaine has been in the Girault family for eight generations, and is currently run by Patrick Girault.
The domaine's 12 hectares are planted on the famous slopes of Grand Chemarin, Petit Chemarin and Chène Marchaud, stretching from Bué to the neighbouring villages of Thauvenay and Vinon. 75% of the vineyards are planted with Sauvignon Blanc, and the remaining 25% with Pinot Noir. The soil is a mixture of the stony, chalky Caillottes, and silica-clay.
The Sancerre Blanc Le Chène du Roy is a fantastic example of Sauvignon Blanc, dry, crisp and fruity with gooseberry and citrus flavours and a streak of minerality on the finish. It is the perfect match for seafood, salads and charcuterie. The Sancerre Rosé and Sancerre Rouge are both made from 100% Pinot Noir. The red is partially aged in oak for up to eight months and has a beautiful ruby-red colour with rich and complex red berry flavours. Soft tannins and hints of vanilla linger on the finish. The salmon-pink Rosé has delicate aromas and flavours of red berry fruit and a crisp and refreshing finish. This is a great wine for summer barbecues and salads.
The Bordeaux 2012 En Primeur campaign has started early this year! For more information please click here
Our Burgundy 2011 En Primeur Campaign is now running. Please follow the link to view the offer click here
Our Rhône 2011 En Primeur Campaign is now running. Please follow the link to view the offer click here
For more information and our report please click here
Bancroft Wines has strong, direct relationships with the most long-established négociants in Bordeaux as well as with many of the most respected estates and growers in Burgundy and the Rhone placing us in an ideal position to secure allocations of many of the world's most desirable wines before they are on the open market.
Buying en primeur involves buying wines before they have been released - before they are even bottled in most cases - and taking delivery up to two years later when the wines are collected from the Chateaux.
Reasons that people invest in en primeur with Bancroft Wines are:
1. It is an opportunity to buy up wines at their first release price to maximise investment potential.
2. It is often the only time some of the rarest wines will appear on the market.
3. Bancroft Wines only include wines that we consider will be almost impossible to track down in future years without paying a premium price.
4. It is the best way to ensure that your purchases have perfect provenance and will be stored correctly from its release until the day you drink it.
Our Fine Wine team has extensive experience of these wines and travels to each region annually to taste the wines before offering them. We are always happy to advise you on the wines that will best suit your buying plans and can create cellars for you on a discretionary or non-discretionary basis.
Please contact the team should you wish to hear more about purchasing en primeur.
Contact The Fine Wine Team
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7232 5440
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7232 5451
Email: The Fine Wine Team