Chateau La Tour Blanche is located at the heart of the Sauternes appellation in the Bommes commune, in the Graves region. The Chateau of this First Growth winery was constructed in the 18th Century. At the beginning of the 20th Century the estate truly took on its original form. The former owner Daniel Iffla who was nicknamed ‘Osiris’ left the property to the French State under the condition that they would create a Wine School there. Thus in 1911 the La Tour Blanche School of Viticulture and Oenology was commissioned and still teaches budding professionals and runs the estate today.
The vineyard's 65 hectares is comprised of 83% Sémillon, 12% Sauvignon and 5% Muscadelle producing vines. This is within an autumnal microclimate which is due to the merging of the River Garonne and its colder tributary the Ciron.