Chateau Langoa-Barton is a Third Growth Bordeaux winery in the Saint-Julien appellation. It was purchased by Irishman Hugh Barton in 1821 the family have managed to preserve their inheritance for almost 2 centuries as the current owner is Anthony Barton, who took over in 1983. It lies on the bank of the Gironde River and the estate's vineyard covers 20 hectares.
Chateau Langoa Barton has always been compared with its brother estate Léoville Barton. For many years, Langoa-Barton was considered to be a lighter wine than Léoville, however in recent years it has become richer and more concentrated in both colour and taste.
The vines consist of 71% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Merlot and 8% Cabernet Franc. The soils mainly contain gravel on top of clay, which is typical of the area and thus both the climate and soil provide perfect conditions for the vines to grow.