+44 (0)20 7232 5440
orders@bancroftwines.com

 

Location

  • Bué, Sancerre, Loire.

Key Facts

  • Winemaker : Pierre Girault

Wine Types


Producer Website

FRANCE

Domaine Girault is situated in Bué, a small village in the heart of Sancerre. The domaine has been in the Girault family for eight generations and is currently run by Patrick Girault. This great lineage is set to continue as the ninth generation – Patrick’s son Adrien – is studying viticulture and spends his free time helping his father out in the vineyards and in the winery.

The domaine’s 12 hectares are planted on the famous slopes of Grand Chemarin, Petit Chemarin and Chêne Marchaud, stretching from Bué to the neighbouring villages of Thauvenay and Vinon. 75% of the vineyards are planted with Sauvignon Blanc and the remaining 25% with Pinot Noir.